There are plenty of upgrades you can make to your home, and new windows are one of them. If putting in new windows is on your home improvement to-do list, here are a few signs that you should move this project up to the top priority.
- Uncomfortable drafts—Do your windows let in drafts, especially in the winter? Putting in new windows can stop this draftiness, making your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
- Outdoor noise—If cars honking, neighbors talking, and lawnmowers running seem louder than they should be, the problem could be with your windows. Replace your windows to reduce noise transmission from the outdoors.
- Difficult to operate—You should be able to open and close your windows quickly and easily. If you have to push and pull to get a window to open or close, it’s time to consider replacement.
- Outdated style—From outdated colours to out-of-style grille patterns, a window that dates your home is worth replacing. New windows can instantly boost your curb appeal and improve your home’s value.
- Damaged glass—As your windows get older, they’ll probably have issues with mold, condensation, water damage, chips, and cracks. Minimize your home’s exposure to the elements by replacing old and damaged windows.