Although they’re often the most overlooked areas of the home, basements hold immense potential. Whether you envision a cozy family room where you can play games and relax with your family, a state-of-the-art home theatre, or a functional home office, the foundation of your dream space is the flooring.
If you’re thinking about upgrading or renovating your basement, here are five great basement flooring options to consider:
- Vinyl Plank Flooring. Durable and waterproof, vinyl plank flooring is a favourite among homeowners. It mimics the look of hardwood without the susceptibility to moisture. Given the varied climate in Collingwood, and the increased humidity that basements have, this option ensures longevity and style.
- Laminate Flooring. A cost-effective alternative, laminate offers many designs, from wood to stone finishes. Because of its structure, it is a wear-resistant and practical choice for high-traffic basements.
- Engineered Wood. For those who desire the warmth and elegance of real wood, engineered wood is an excellent choice. This kind of basement flooring is constructed from a plywood base with a hardwood veneer, so it’s less prone to expanding or contracting with moisture changes.
- Tile Flooring. Ceramic or porcelain tiles are moisture-resistant and offer a cool surface, which is ideal for warmer months. With many colors and designs available, tiles can elevate the aesthetics of any basement.
- Carpet. Many homeowners prefer the comfort of a plush carpet underfoot. If you choose to install carpet for your basement flooring, make sure to use moisture-resistant pads and consider carpet tiles for easy replacement in case of damage.
As you embark on your remodelling journey, remember that at The Keystone Contractor, we are here to help. Give us a call to discuss your basement flooring preferences and get your project started today.