No matter how well you take care of your home, your home’s windows will deteriorate over time. If you wait too long to replace them, it can lead to various issues that can compromise your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, and safety.
Here are six key signs that you may need to get your windows replaced soon:
- Poor Operation. If your windows are difficult to open, close, or lock, this could be due to warped frames or poor installation. Operating difficulty can lead to security risks, as windows that don’t lock properly can be an easy entry point for intruders.
- Noticeable Drafts. Feeling a draft near your windows, especially during colder months, indicates that the seals might be compromised. Faulty seals can increase energy bills as your heating system will need to work harder to compensate for the cold air entering your home.
- Rising Utility Bills. If you’ve noticed a spike in your energy bills, your windows might be the culprit. Older, single-pane windows or those with damaged seals can significantly reduce your home’s insulation, increasing both heating and cooling costs.
- Condensation Between Panes. Moisture or fogging between window panes is a clear sign of seal failure. This not only obstructs your view but also indicates that the insulating properties of your window have been damaged.
- Visible Damage. Cracked, chipped, or warped window panes are unsightly and can pose security risks. They break more easily, making your home more vulnerable to outside threats.
- Outdated Appearance. While this might be more of an aesthetic concern, outdated windows can diminish your home’s curb appeal.
If you said yes to any of these items, it’s time to think about investing in new windows. Simply give us a call to learn more or speak with a member of our team.